Spring Cleaning



Here's another quickie for you. I didn't have much time for working today because I had an eye exam and they dilated my pupils. I'd never had it done before and it was kind of weird. I'm near-sighted so I'm not used to things being blurry up close. Driving home was an adventure. I'm glad I managed to navigate the beltway without killing anyone, including myself. 

My cats howl at the door
whenever I go outside
.
Well, as the rain and pollen have been telling us for the past few weeks, it's finally spring time here. That means spring cleaning! Here at Chez Moi, that means I'm press-ganging my dad into planting tons of pretty flowers outside. I made a deal with my mom: she could pick the flowers for the front yard and the deck and I get to choose the ones for the backyard and the patio. Since I get to see the backyard and the patio the most, this is a super win for me. 

On the author front, I've been thinking about doing a little spring cleaning around this blog. When I threw it together earlier this year, I wasn't 100% convinced I would stick with it, so I didn't take that much care into the design. I've been poking around and (re)learning myself some basic HTML and CSS, so hopefully I'll be able to debut something a little more awesome.

In the meantime, I fully intend to work on more of the outline for "Loch Raven" when I can see properly again. The computer screen is still a little blurry as I'm typing... I finished rereading what I've written of the manuscript and I don't think I'll have to make too many changes. Every time I read it, I'm reminded of why I liked the story so much. Not to toot my own horn, but god I love those characters. They just took on a life of their own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment