{ Oh I've been lost... }


Okay, so it's absolutely true that I haven't listened to a lot of new music this year. It's a sad fact, but there you have it. I did however purchase a CD (how old school of me!) on a whim and I am so so glad that I did. What I bought was The Head and the Heart's self-titled debut album. I loved it from the first tapping of drumsticks. It became my soundtrack while I painted my bedroom. Oh how I enjoyed singing along at the top of my lungs. Good times.

I was really disappointed to learn that they'd played a show with my favorite band (The Decemberists) within driving distance of my house. I was broke at the time so I couldn't have gone to see them, even if I hadn't found out about it two days before the show (plus I'd already been to a Decemberists concert earlier that summer). There aren't many bands I'd go through the trouble of seeing perform live, but these guys are one of them. Goal for the coming year: see The Decemberists, Mumford and Sons and The Head and the Heart live. Make sure you guys are touring and stop by Maryland, okay? Even DC is close enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment