It's been a long time...

Jackieleigh | Flickr

Well, it's been ten days since my last post. Bad blogger! I wish I could report that I've been wonderfully productive during all that time, typing away at my book, but I haven't. At least, I haven't been productive on that front. 

There were a few things taking up my time over the past week and half, not the least of which was work. I've just had a crappy schedule recently, which hasn't allowed me much time for myself. What time I did have was taken up by other things. I obsessed over a British period courtroom drama called Garrow's Law for a while. Plus, I helped my dad with planting the garden, which looks amazing, if I do say so. 

Beyond that, Inkpop and my commitments there, such as they are, have been taking up my time. I've made a couple of deals to create book covers for people and these easily take four to six hours each, depending on the complexity. I absolutely love the challenge, though, and to be able to design cover after cover has been create. When I finished making all the covers for my current projects, I was kind of depressed that I had no reason to make more. But thanks to Inkpop, now I do!

Very soon I'm going to be adding a book cover section to this blog. There I will show a gallery of my work, plus possibly start offering my services for a modest fee. These covers would be available for commercial use, such as ebooks and print on demand. So far I've only worked with free materials, but if I could get paid for my covers, I could then purchase better images and thus make better covers. All of this is in the very early stage of planning, but I'd love to be able to help fellow authors, while also doing something I love. 

Anyhoo, I will be back more consistently from now on, I promise. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment