{ Farm visits }








This past Saturday, I visited two local farms along with my dad and my brother. We walked through a corn maze at Rogers Farm, which was lots of fun. Afterwards, we picked some pumpkins. I ended up lugging a 30 pounder around, which was not fun. My arm still hurts! The weather was nice though. I couldn't believe how blue the sky was. 

We then went to Weber's Cider Mill Farm and bought some delicious baked goods and pumpkin fudge. I was so excited to find a strawberry pie! Strawberries are my favorite, but everyone always looked at me like I had six heads whenever I mentioned the idea of a strawberry pie. IN YOUR FACE, PEOPLE! And the best part: it was DE-LI-CIOUS.

Anyway, later that night, I kicked back, enjoyed my pie and flipped through my new Toast catalog. All and all, it was a very good day. 


photos // Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE farms. Gorgeous pictures. Hope all this fall weather it keeping your writing/editing bug alive.

    PS. I just found out that Coldplay's original band name was Starfish...though it was a neat fact. :) Yay GOFL tie in. Hopefully I'll wade through all this coursework and get you a new chapter of edits soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE been doing a little editing and writing, but the problem is that it all hasn't been for GOFL. This time of year, I'm always reminded of this old fantasy story of mine and I've been reading over some of my old notes and making new ones. I still love the story, but the idea of actually writing it is a bit intimidating. We're talking Game of Thrones/Wheel of Time epic here.

    Scott and Ciaran's band was named Starfish for a reason. I'm glad you figured it out! ^^

    The initial story for GOFL was inspired by Coldplay's songs, to be honest. The story was originally called "Those Who Are Dead". There are a few other references peppered around, but nothing too crazy. I think I've actually phased some of them out...

    ReplyDelete